Wednesday, April 7, 2010

We're in Beijing!

Praise the Lord we made it to Beijing! When we checked in at Charlotte the lady that helped us was from Cambodia and is in the process of adopting a little girl. She said "oh you need more room" and gave us an upgrade from Economy to Economy Plus. I was so overcome with gratitude I hugged her neck and my eyes swelled with tears. Then while waiting in the security line she came back over and said I have taken care of your flight home...and handed us another upgrade to Economy Plus. Those extra 5 inches may not seem like much but after 8 hours of flying and 4 to go it's very nice. God is so good! We've all been awake since 1:00 a.m.! Remember we are twelve hours ahead of you. It's now 4:00 a.m. and we're getting ready to walk over to a 24hour McDonald's for breakfast. We leave at 8:00 a.m. for the orphanage to meet Lydia. We're all so filled with anticipation. I will send photos tomorrow. Thank you for your prayers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kathy I just cried when I read about Olivia and her feelings about her nana...she is a very special young lady...I would love to get together sometime this summer to visit with you and olivia and meet Lydia..please let me know after you guys settle in and feel up to having Jonah and I over for a visit..I think he misses Olivia..he said she was always so nice to him...love you and take care of that precious family!! Karen