Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Almost time!

It’s hard to put into words the emotions, thoughts, fears and anticipation you feel when you’re one hour away from driving to the orphanage to meet your child. Will she cry, be silent, let me hold her,will she be afraid or will she be sick? She will be three in May and she is leaving behind everything familiar in her life…her care givers, China sisters, food, language, everything! She can’t possibly understand all that is waiting for her. How I long to hold her tenderly, lavish her with kisses, wipe away her tears, meet her needs, see her smile and of course put a big pink bow in her hair.

Dear Father I pray you will calm her heart and mine. Let her know that she is safe and loved and that something good is happening in her life. I pray for her little heart and mind to know quickly that we are her forever family…I am her mommy, forever and ever and I will never leave or abandon her. Thank you Lord for your promise to never leave or abandon me…you are a loving, good and kind Heavenly Father and I love you. You never cease to amaze me!

3 comments:

Pam B said...

We prayed for you at church tonight at about 8:30. Can't WAIT to see Lydia. I hope she is adjusting well.

Unknown said...

Love you guys!

mommyof3 said...

Rejoicing and crying with you today! Our prayers are with you all! We miss you guys and can't wait to see Lydia. Kara says "Hello Olivia!"
Pam H.