Friday, April 9, 2010




It’s 5:30 a.m. Saturday morning and it felt good to sleep in this morning. Everyone else is still asleep for which I am thankful. With the time change we’ve all been waking up very early and feeling groggy all day.

Yesterday was a day filled with high emotions for both my girls. Lydia finally let nana hold her and it was too much for Olivia. I could tell she was feeling jealous and hurt but she was trying to be strong and brave. Eventually she couldn’t contain it any longer and she broke down in my arms and just sobbed. She said she felt that nana didn’t love her the same anymore. I held her close, let her cry and then shared with her that the special place for her in nana’s heart would always be there butnana has made another special place in her heart for Lydia. We talked and I prayed with her and she seemed to feel better. I found out later in the evening that she went to nana and told nana how she felt and she and nana talked and sobbed with each other. My little girl is all grownup! I told her last night how proud I was of her for the way she handled everything and went and talked to nana. Olivia is so tender hearted andI see God growing her again for His glory.

Lydia had a very reflective day and she cried several times. She is bright, talkative and incredibly smart so it has been hard for her to suddenly not be able to communicate - to understand and be understood. She was quieter than usual and we know that she is trying to process all that is happening. Before we went to bed last night she took her sweet little finger and pointed to herself and said i-d-u (Lydia). She seems to do much better when we’re out and about and she is really enjoying walking. She walks until her little legs can’t take another step, slows down to a snail’s pace and then gives in and let’s us pick her up.

She has decided that she doesn’t want mommy anymore she wants her daddy. As he carried her around last night she looked at him intently, felt of his face and seemed very content and safe in his strong arms. She had her first McDonald’s french fry and she liked it. She is such agreat eater. She is so cute. She opens her mouth really wide like alittle bird being fed by its mother. She isn’t crazy about her bath yet.She just wants to get it over with, even with the toys and bubbles it has no appeal for her. She isn’t potty trained but she likes sitting on the potty! She also likes looking at herself in the mirror. Such simple things bring her pleasure as she experiences them for the first time.

Today we are planning a visit to Wal-Mart! Also, there is a huge toy store we want to take the girls too. Next week we will visit the Great Wall and other historical sites. Thank you for your continued prayers.

5 comments:

happymom02 said...

We are thrilled for you guys! How wonderful the Lord has blessed you with two precious girls! We love reading your blog each day and seeing the pictures. Makes us want to go to China again! :-)

Love,
Tracie, Jeff, Hannah and Jenna

Tina said...

I am so glad that everything is going great! As I have sat and read your blogs...I smile, I cry, and I rejoice with you in all your happiness. I know what a blessing you have received and I also know how lucky Lydia is to have been chosen by you! Tell Olivia that we said hello and that we miss her....especially Dayton Lee! She is going to make such a great big sister! Can't wait to see ya'll and meet my new little neice! I have been checking my computer a few times a day for new blogs and new pics. I need to know what size Lydia is wearing....I'm working on something and I need to know for sure! Have fun and be careful....we love you and can't wait till you get home! See ya soon! Love ya!

Micah and Amanda said...

Hey all,

Micah and I have been praying for y'all and keeping up with things on the blog. We love you and can't wait to see Lydia! Be safe and have a blessed time bonding with the new little one!

Love, Micah and Amanda

Unknown said...

Please tell Olivia that we love her and miss her! We are very proud of her being such a great big sister!

Chloe & Lori said...

HEY MISS KATHY AND OLIVA AND LYDIA.
DAER OLIVA YOU ARE BEING A GOOD BIG!!!!!!! SISTER I CAN NOT WAIT FOR YOU AND YOUR MOM AND LYDIA TO COME HOME AND I CAN NOT WAIL TO MET LYDIA.DEAR MISS KATHY I miss YOU AND OLIVA SO SO SO MUCH AND CAN NOT WAIL LOVE CHLOE